Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 29 April 2023

Albatross! - Lovely Albatross!

 Today we had a return to the western front of WW1 in the air with Wings of Glory.

As usual we had the Germans run by my solo rules, I randomly rolled for 3 Albatros DVa's to oppose us

The 3 Albatrosen.

Phillip, Lawrence and I all used Sopwith Camels.
Both sides advanced without much manoeuvering.
I escaped scott free, Phillip took 2 damage, but Lawrence had the best luck, neither Albatros hit and he caused 4 damage on 'Green Tail'.
The Germans carried on unperturbed while the Brits looked in disorder!
Lawrence and I tried to turn onto the German's rear.
The Albatrosses turned to face us but Lawrence AGAIN got 4 damage on 'Green Tail'. 
Phillip had overshot a bit but now turned to rejoin the battle!
Lawrence and I were turning with the 3 Germans, neither side getting a shot.
Phillip was nearly there!
The Germans broke up and we all began looking for targets.
I nearly got another shot on 'Green tail', but I was out of arc...just!
I then turned back to help Lawrence and Phillip.
Phillip was lucky, Stripy Tail' just overshot him.
Phillip got a great deflection shot on Stripy...
 ... another 7 damage!
The Germans were a bit 'all over the place', could we take advantage of their discomfort?...
...apparently not!
Lawrence had a nose to nose fight with 'Green Tail', and jammed his guns.
We all turned to either escape or attack.
I nearly got caught when I turned too sharply, but got away with it.
Lawrence, having cleared his guns looked like he was dealing with all 3 Germans!
Lawrence dodged 'Stripy tail'...
Then came nose to nose with 'Green Tail' again!, and again scored big!
Look at all that damage!
The poor Albatros went down in flames!
We now had a numerical advantage!
I was fencing with 'Black Tail' and Phillip with 'Stripey Tail'.
'Black Tail' rushed at Lawrence and me, throwing us into confusion...
Phillip turned deftly and got a shot at 'Stripy Tail'.
He was in a good position.
He turned inside 'Stripey Tail' and got a great short range volley in...
The 'BANG' card strikes again!
Black Tail wisely now turned for home and escaped!
A good victory for the RFC/RAF!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, I am glad I got all these lovely models when they were easily available!!

      Delete