Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 30 September 2023

Fields of Fire

 Today, we returned to an old favourite, What a Tanker. We did two games, the first of which I recorded.

This game was set in France in 1944, Phil and I had M-18 Hellcats, and Lawrence an M4 Sherman

Against us (And run by my Solo System) were 2 StuG III's and a Panzer IV

The table today

Phil took our right flank.

I was in the centre...
...and Lawrence on our left.
The German right...
...Centre...
...and Left.
Lawrence began by moving forward along a hedgeline.

I moved down the road, trying to keep in cover, and failing miserably!
Phil used much better TD tactics, heading through fields, trying to outflank the enemy!
Opposite him, the Panzer IV moved forward too.
The 'Ambush patterned' StuG moved to the edge of a field.
The other StuG replicated Phil's move and went rapidly down the flank.
He went very fast, putting him...
...in a great position to shoot me!
I had acquired the spotty StuG and fired, but ...
...only caused the StuG to retreat a little!
Lawrence had seen the Panzer facing Phil and fired...
...A good hit, damaging his running gear!
Phil was still pushing his flank.
But where were the Germans?
The Spotty StuG returned to the hedge and fired...
My Poor TD was hit...would the crew get out?
...Nope!
Phil moved through a wood.
Lawrence was trading shots with the Panzer.
The damaged Panzer burst into flame, but it wasn't the Sherman!
A kill for the M-18!
The Sherman moved forward, looking for StuGs.
Having destroyed the Panzer IV with a flank shot, Phil now engaged a StuG!
...Another clean Kill for the Hellcat!
The Hellcat went to the edge of the wood.
Lawrence's Sherman was able to keep the spotty StuG occupied...having lost its companions it tried to get off table...very slowly!
Lawrence, using a large rock as cover, moved forward towards the retreating StuG.
Phil moved round the flank again...
The StuG, with only 2 Action Dice, was still not off table.
Phil got his third kill of the day!
So another Allied victory! - a shame I was killed, but hey ho!

In our second game we had three T-34s against a Jagdpanzer IV, and although we couldn't damage it, our mass of shells eventually made the crew bale!

No comments:

Post a Comment