Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 11 March 2023

Tiger on the prowl

 Today we had a couple of games of What a Tanker at the club, as we had nothing else planned and we had 4 players!

Phillip had suggested a Tiger hunt, so we worked out equal forces (using my points system)...Randomly, Lawrence got the Big Cat, Phillip the Sherman Firefly, while Mick and I got standard M4's with 75mm guns.

The Table

...and from the side...
Mick started in the centre...
...the Firefly on his left...and me on the right.
Lawrence sat immune on the other side!
He started by moving behind a stone wall.
My little tank raced to outflank him, the only way my peashooter was likely to damage the German!
Mick's crew didn't move, so I decided the crew were having a cup of Char!
(Note Phillip's Firefly racing forward beyond him)
The Firefly and the Tiger were nose to nose in no time!
The Firefly got to shoot first...but missed!
I, meanwhile, had got on the Tiger's flank, seeing the Firefly already in contact, I abandoned my move to get into the Tiger's rear, and settled to shooting from here.
Tea over, Mick's Sherman moved forward under cover.
The Firefly moved forward to get a better shot!
The Tiger, despite being rapped by one of my 75mm rounds bouncing off its thick armour, lined up to fight the 'Fly.
The I got anther good hit on the Tiger!
...again it just bounced off!
I therefore moved closer!
The Tiger finally got a shot back at the Firefly...
...who was lucky just to be forced to retire!
The Firefly got next shot, and forced the Tiger to retreat too!
The Tiger moved out of sight behind the dense clump of trees.
Mick had finally got to a shooting position behind a rock!
I was shooting from a closer position...
...and just turning up the earth!
The Tiger advanced into the stone field, and Phillip ran his Firefly wide...the Tiger saw it and...
Seeing this, Mick and I retreated at speed!
I got off first.
Mick later....
The Tiger was unable to get a shot at either of us!

Show off!!!

We followed this game with an IS2 against 3 Panzer IVG's, the solo system ran the Russian and it trounced us! (No pics of this game, sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment