Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 14 May 2022

Anyone for an Albatros?

 Today, we had a total change and went back to WW1 aircraft using my old Wings of Glory models.

We decided to return to where we started many years ago with a Sopwith Camel/Albatros DVa battle, with my solo rules running the Germans.

Our Camels, Phil on the left, Lawrence on the right, and me in the middle!

Our opponents, three Albatros DVa's.
We started as normal just racing towards each other, though our side did a bit of sideslipping!
I lost the first exchange taking 2 damage to my opponent's 1, Phil turned as he got raked by another German!
I 'Immelmanned' and got covered by 2 Albatroses as they 'Keyed' on me!
Lawrence was being stalked by the third Albatros.
I managed to get out of my melee and got a shot at stripey tail!
Lawrence had reversed and ran parallel to his opponent. 
I was fencing with another 'Black tailed' enemy.
I managed to get on his tail...
...He turned into my fire!
The Albatros...blew up!
The blue Albatros was still trying to get 'a bead' on Lawrence.
But wisely avoided the Camel's torque turn, heading away from it.
Phil was now stalking Stripey Tail.
Stripey tail was stalking me!
I avoided the attack and joined Phil.
Lawrence was trying to get behind the blue Albatros.
As the Albatros turned to engage, Lawrence got a shot which missed!
Phil and I split, as our Albatros turned to attack us.
I turned sharply and caught him, but again with no damage caused.
Phil turned to attack Stripey tail too.
Stripey turned into Phil and took 3 damage, but Phil's guns jammed.
Lawrence was still weaving with Blue.
Lawrence turned to run alongside his nemesis.
Blue turned into Lawrence, who overshot.
Stripey had passed Phil...
Phil Immelmanned and I turned to attack in concert.
The Albatros turned and avoided us.
Lawrence Immelmanned to parallel Blue. 
Blue turned to engage.
Lawrence was in a good position...
...He caught Blue with a good hit.
...as did I against Stripey tail.
Stripey turned one way, we did the other!!
We Immelmanned and I got some damage from the aggressive Albatros!
The wily German got between us!
Lawrence got behind Blue...
...the poor Albatross got caught.
As he turned to escape, Lawrence caught him again!
I was out of position, so turned to join Lawrence.
Blue turned and I evaded, hopefully to allow Lawrence to finish him.
Phil was fencing with Stripey aggressively.
Phil Immelmanned onto his tail and hammered him.
The wily Albatros escaped...just!
On our side, Lawrence indeed got a good shot on Blue...
Blue turned as did we and caught him between us.
Lawrence had a kill too!
Stripey tail headed home alone...
Another RAF victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment