Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 17 December 2022

A game of three halves!

 Today was our last game at the club until 7th January 2023! -What will we do till then?

However, today we had planned for a game which could encompass 5 players, Wings of Glory WW1-- but in the end it was only Lawrence and myself!!!

Still, with my solo rules running some planes, at least it wouldn't be a one on one game, which I don't much enjoy.

Our opponents: 2 Fokker DR1's, including the mandatory Red Baron!

Newcastle United being our local football team, a Black and White Tripe seemed appropriate to accompany him so we used Kirschstein's stripey one.
Lawrence loves Sopwith Camels, so we used them today (Lawrence's plane has the stripy tail.
We advanced on the Germans trying to outflank them and turn in.
Unfortunately, Lawrence took a Bang result, and me an engine hit, Game over!
Curse you Red Baron!

2nd game...
This looks familiar!

We tried the same tactics, and hoped for better luck this time...
Lawrence and the Baron passed each other, eying each other malevolently, my plane didn't get a shot.
We all turned after passing, apart from Kirschstein.
My torque turn put me neatly on the Baron's tail.
The Baron was engaged with Lawrence, but missed!
I turned to face Kirschstein, who had Immelmanned.
We all passed again with no shooting.
Lawrence turned to get on the Baron's tail.
I was fencing with Kirschstein.
I ended up flying out of the battle, leaving Lawrence against 2 DR1's.
I turned to try and rejoin the party.
Unfortunately, Kirschstein caught Lawrence turning and the Bang card came out again! --Honestly, I do always shuffle the damage decks!!!!

Yep, the third attempt!!!

The bad guys are on a roll...
We arrived again with hope in our hearts!
We approached as normal...
Neither side tried anything fancy...
We passed uneventfully.
Lawrence tried to turn using the torque turn I assume to confuse the Baron?!
I looked like I was attracting both Germans this game!
I moved out of the trap while Lawrence turned after the Baron.
I tried to join him but attracted the Baron!
I managed to turn on him but jammed my guns!
As I tried to get them working Kirschstein and Lawrence went nose to nose, Lawrence getting the better of it!
I was still chasing the Baron
I finally managed to get my guns unjammed!!!
Victory!

Well, that was a fun afternoon, we couldn't believe 3(!) 'Bang' cards came out in 3 games, but that is the unpredictability of the game that helps make it such fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment