Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 24 August 2024

Test of Honour: The story continues!

 Today, I was asked to bring down Test of Honour again.

We continued the scenarios in the rule book...

So this game was the third scenario 'The Battlefield', where we had to search for 3 of 5 objective markers placed by us in the central foot of the table. 

I could see the way it was going to play and said so. However, I am sure I have Cassandra syndrome (always to tell the truth and never to be believed)! - so we played the scenario as written...

My terrain for the day, I hadn't finished my Dojo, so just brought some of my paper buildings!


Phil and I split a 24pt force on our side.
Lawrence, opposite, had mostly Ashigaru.
Rhoderick, also with Shimazu, used a Samurai with mostly missile troops.
Basically, both sides advanced, but our Oda troops seized 3 objectives very easily, never failing a 'Search' test...
...Game over!

(PS: Has anyone else had any problem with this scenario? - or were we playing it wrong?)

Game 2 (Scenario 4: The Spy) 21 pts a side

For this game, I had a hero Samurai and an unarmoured one, I also had a group of 3 archers.
Phil had an armoured Samurai, and groups of Ashigaru with Nagae Yari and Tippo (arquebus)
Opposite us the Shimazu had mostly missile troops and a couple of Samurai.
The places (Counters) we had to 'Search' to find a spy. We had to capture her alive, the Shimazu tried to rescue her.
Both sides advanced, I cleared a dummy marker in the house and charged back out to engage a Shimazu Samurai who was approaching.
Phil was clearing another counter and keeping the enemy under fire.
The Shimazu Hero had given up looking at the counter in the far side house and came to attack me, as I had been reinforced by my other Samurai. My Samurai had some bad rolls and I took an arm wound.
The Shimatzu Hero went back to the house and found the spy straight away!!!
Phil raced his Spearmen across the table, supported by my archers (who hit nothing all day!)
Unfortunately, the Shimazu had a card giving them the ability to get an extra 4" move on 3 units, which allowed my opponents to escape.
As the only one able, I raced my Samurai Hero and engaged the enemy Hero...but he fended me off.
The Shimazu Arquebuses shot at me but missed, however when their bowmen shot I tripped and fell over!
Phil's Nagae Yari men charged the Shimazu Samurai I had passed by, but they were driven off!
The Spy and her guard were nearly off table. Could I pull this from the fire?
As I pursued, the other Shimazu Samurai attacked me and once again my dice failed as I was...
...Cut down!
The sneaky spy escaped!!!

This was a much more fun scenario, and even though our luck was against us, we all had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment