Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 8 October 2022

Prussian resurgence? (2)

 Today, after a week off we returned to our club, but we had to play our games in the church sanctuary rather than the hall, as the church were having a meeting there!

Despite Phil not being with us this week, my Prussians AGAIN failed to get initiative, and were so badly outscouted the French got to deploy in BOTH flank sectors!

My Prussians were crammed in the centre, so I had to deploy my horse behind the infantry facing out to deploy as quickly as possible! I had Mick commanding my left wing.
our newest friend another Phil, commanded the French left, a strong cavalry wing on the flank of the Swiss.
The French centre.
Lawrence had a light wing of cavalry on the French right.
He also had drawn an incompetent brigadier (yellow D4).
The Szechényi Hussars on the French left raced to attack my Heavy guns...they lost heavily to cannister.
It didn't stop the fierce Hungarians...
...A final volley from the guns again brought horsemen down...
...but the survivors bravely cut the equally brave Prussian gunners down...
...The Szechényi Hussars followed on through, to halt in front of my advancing Kuirassiers!
My Kuirassiers charged, and the Hussars broke! - my men followed up ending up in front of a mass of Austrian Kuirassiers!
One of my Infantry regiments had advanced and fired effectively on the Austrian horsemen!
The Reichs Kuirassiers retreated, leaving regiment Bretlach to face my vengeful Kuirassiers.
On the Prussian left, Mick sent his Hussars forwards
Bypassing the Turpin Hussars...how would they fare?
In the centre, the infantry lines had clashed, my fusiliers shot down an artillery battery advancing in the French line.
On Mick's wing, the French infantry caused heavy losses on his men.
All along our front, our Battalions were under heavy fire...being on the hills helped them stand despite their losses!
Mick's infantry fired back driving a French regiment though their second line.
My Infantry now faced the Swiss, I got some good volleys in on them... 
...but they kept coming!
The Swiss were less effective in their return fire!
One of Mick's regiments on the hill now retreated too, leaving a gap in our front line!
On our right, Regiment Bretach failed to charge, so my reformed Kuirrasiers charged into them!...for once my melee dice behaved!
My victorious Kuirassiers chased the survivors back through the Reichs Cavalrie.
On our left, our Prussian Hussars were routed by a French Cuirassier charge, but Mick's Prussian Kuirrasiers got another great die result, virtually wiping the French regiment out!
The Prussians pursued right through Regiment La Reine!
La Reine tried to turn on the Prussians, but hadn't the speed to do so...The Prussians simply formed column to right and retreated past them!
Mick advanced his reserve Kuirassiers to engage!
The French left wing horse collapsed when the blue Ansbach Dragoons charged my Prussians and were heavily defeated (Mick's dice again!)
The only French success was to get a regiment of French infantry into the gap on the hill...(shades of Butch Cassidy?)
...but it wasn't enough. The French wisely decided to cede the battle to the Prussians!

More importantly, IPhil liked the game system so much he asked to do it again next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment