Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 19 February 2022

A Day at the museum

 Today I was out in Newcastle with my family, rather than at the club, but as I would have been on my own today as Phil and Lawrence weren't there, I didn't mind too much.

We went to the Discovery museum and I saw some things which you might like?

There was a brief description of the work at Bletchley Park during the second World War.

A display of Thomas Brown effects. He was one of 3 sailors to capture one of the first Enigma machines. (He was 16 at the time, from North Shields)
The Enigma machine itself
The box of different rotors used to rescramble the settings on the Enigma.
The Captain's log of HMS Petard on the fateful day.
A picture of a memorial window dedicated to him. (The other 2 boarders died when the submarine they had boarded sank suddenly)
The HMS Bulldog - which in mid 1941 captured the first Enigma machine.



Outside, there was a Challenger 2 tank!
It was far from a wasted day!

No comments:

Post a Comment