Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 14 June 2014

Durham 2014

Today, the club was off as usual for the Durham Wargames open day show, an annual event I never miss!

Its a good little show in beautiful Durham, which is only a 15 minute train journey from Newcastle, so quite local to us.
I had arranged to meet my friends from our club at the show....

Ah, here they are! Ian and Lawrence chatting at the Reiver Games stand.
As usual, the trade stands surrounded some nice Demo / Participation games. 
Dave Thomas's is always a must for me! - more WSS cavalry and Perry Afrika Korps were on my shopping list! 
 They also had a lot of the lovely Perry metal figures.
Midlam Miniatures stall was seeing brisk business! 
Colonel Bill's is also a must, if nothing else they have the lovely 4Ground buildings that feature in so many of our club games. 
The Viking buildings especially caught my eye. 
The home team, Durham Wargames group, had one of the most impressive games. 
Lots of lovely models on a splendid gaming terrain. 
 See what I mean?
(I did feel that the tapes, dice and clutter left for extensive periods on the table did rather spoil the illusion though - at least for me!)
In one of the side rooms. another of my 'must visit' stalls, Northumbria games. I added to my collection of little planes! 
 Still not tempted with the 'Sails of Glory' game, though these models looked nice.
 The friendly proprietor!
In the show's second hall... 
 Loka Hay's stand. Some nice terrain here.
Scheltrum miniatures also had some lovely things on display, and very friendly staff!
 More very friendly traders... cannot for the life of me remember who these are though!
In the centre of this hall, an impressive looking 17th century game.
Lots of nice figures..   
In one corner, some nice buildings. 
The nice Games of War chaps! - got some lovely asteroids for X-Wing from them!  
So off to the Bring and Buy, on the way we met Dave (left) and Andy McMaster, making one of his (sadly!) few annual appearances at a show!
 In the last hall, a nice colonial game by the Grimsby wargamers.
 The other half of the hall was the bring and buy, which had some nice things on offer this year. (Here, Ian and Lawrence are browsing the stalls) 

Overall, we had a good day again, spent lots of money, got lots of figures to add to the painting mountain...

Ho hum!

Roll on next years show!

No comments:

Post a Comment