Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 12 October 2024

Over the Yalu!

Today, we returned to Blood Red Skies, having previously had a game of WW2 BRS a few weeks ago, which I didn't take a picture record.

I was so taken I invested in MiG Alley, the Korean War variant. 

As a first game, we decided to split 4 planes, each of our players (Lawrence and Phil as the USAF, each flying an F-86E- while Rhod and myself had a MiG 15 Bis each. We all had a level 3 pilot, so no newbies.

Our MiGs.


The Sabres.
We advanced...rapidly! - and our lines merged.
As Lawrence passed me, I reversed onto his flank. Rhod was probably in a 'rolling scissor' manoeuvre with Phil.
Leaving Lawrence, I 'Split-S' ed and raced to support Rhod, who had got Phil into a 2 circle fight, and ended on his tail!
Lawrence had got out of position, jets are fast!
He turned as quickly as he could and raced towards me!
Phil reversed into a 1 circle fight and we ended up nose to nose, but Lawrence hit me from behind too!
My 30mm cannon must have hit Phil!
Unfortunately I took a lot of fire too, so evaded and headed back to Manchuria, while Phil nursed his wounded bird back to Kimpo! Lawrence and Rhod decided to break off too.

The second game

This time the USAF players had 3 Sabres each...
Rhod and I did likewise, both sides had one 4, a 3 and a 2 in Pilot skill.
We deployed quite a way from each other.
The Americans cruised forward slowly...
I pushed forward at nearly full speed, Rhod swung right to join me.
Lawrence was now facing odds of 2:1!
Phil had speeded up with one of his planes, but it was still far away.
We were soon all over Lawrence's Sabres. (NB we used a red die on the base for Advantaged and a White one for Disadvantaged)
Phil was now turning with all his F-86s to join the melee!
My newbie (a 2) got a killing shot on a Sabre...
...before racing round to face Phil.
Rhod attacked the most advanced of Phil's F-86s which had got a shot at my flight leader
The total number of 'Boom' counters we had caused now made the USAF disengage! - a victory for the Russians North Koreans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment