Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 19 October 2024

New rules to try.

 Today, Lawrence my friend brought in Dead Man's Hand to try, as we gave up on 'What a Cowboy' due to its simple randomness, which is a strength in 'What a Tanker', but not in the Wild West!

Unfortunately I don't think these rules are easy to do a report on as I usually do for our games, but I took some pics (sorry a couple are blurry) of some of the noticeable events. 

The town, mostly Lawrence's, though I provided the water tower, corral, civilians and barrels etc

Rhoderick and I would have the lawmen (21pts each which we soon found was too big for a first game!) - Phil and Lawrence ran Desperadoes and Bandits.
Lawrence got round Rhoderick's flank very quickly and started exchanging shots!
Phil was shooting across the road at anything that moved, even the dubious ladies opposite.
Rhoderick brought reinforcements to stem Lawrence.
I was way down the street, so set my men up behind wagons and crates to cover the road before I advanced to the seat of the action.
A lot of close range shootin' and damn little hittin'.
The civilians were dasing towards my quiet end of the street.
Phil's rifleman hit Rhod's rearguard, though I felt having lost his man to 'Under Fire' tokens he would probably run off?
Lawrence and Rhod were fighting across the ground floor of that building.
My rifleman, a long, long way away spotted one of Lawrence's men atop that building trying to get shots down on Rhod's men, I shot...
A 20 nailed the sucker!
Phil had his good men atop the 'Jackson's stores'...
...and started popping off Rhod's men opposite on the lower roof.
My Riflemen, with a little help from Rhod, caught a Bandit crossing the street and sent him scurrying.
Rhod sent a man upstairs in that building, he shot and missed, Lawrence's man didn't!
Rhod finally dislodged the Bandits pushing round his flank...
...but the victory didn't last as the Bandits attacked across the ground floor with shotguns and killed Rhod's Sheriff and a Deputy!
My men were just coming round the back of the buildings opposite, too late was the cry.
The poor civilians would have to get used to 'Wild Bunch' government for a while!
We enjoyed the game, and will happily do it again!



2 comments:

  1. DMH is excellent and much, much better than WaC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, I think we all agree with you!

    ReplyDelete