Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Thursday 31 March 2011

Oliver Cromwell

Last Saturday, I was out with relatives rather than gaming (sigh!) but I was pleasantly surprised to end up sheltering from the inevitable rain in the Discovery museum in Newcastle (upon Tyne).
They have a gallery of Armour,Weapons and pictures celebrating the Scots Covenanter attack on Newcastle during the English Civil War at present.

Much to my surprise and delight, they also have Oliver Cromwells death mask, warts and all!

Here are a few pictures....






Sorry they arent the best pics, The exhibits were in glass cases and the area was dark!

Hope you find this interesting?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting? Yes. I had no idea they made death masks in the ECW.

    ReplyDelete