Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 31 August 2024

Immelmanning with Immelmann!

 Today we had a game of WW1 Wings of Glory at the club, and what a long game it was! At least we got a result!

My solo rules ran the three Fokker Eindecker E111's

We had 3 Airco DH 2's (Lawrence had a white die on his plane's base and Rhoderick a red one, mine had nothing.)
We crawled toward each other like angry lawnmowers!
We had paired off nicely.
Rhoderick started badly, getting a fire!
Lawrence and I sideslipped past our enemies.
The first fire damage- a 3 on poor Rhod.
The Fokkers seemed to be mostly focused on Rhoderick's flamer.
I 'Immelmanned' but failed to capitalise on a great position.
Lawrence Immelmanned too to support Rhod.
Rhod took ANOTHER 3 damage from fire!
We all began circling, these early birds can't go fast but are manoeuverable.
We seemed to be getting into good positions on the Boche.
As Lawrence closed on one Fokker another caught him.
Rhod and I were a bit out of position.
As the fire went out, Rhod heaved a sigh of relief!
Lawrence got a great shot as he weaved between the Eindeckers.
However, as I got into a good firing position, Lawrence blocked my shot and the Eindecker hit me hard!
Rhod's battered bird now had 2 enemies to deal with.
Lawrence got into a killing position on the first Eindecker, but his guns jammed!
Rhod was caught by 'green' Fokker, but luckily only for minor damage.
'Red' Fokker Immelmanned onto Lawrence's tail.
I was left dealing with the other two Fokkers, so I attacked!
Lawrence managed to get a quick shot on Red.
The Fokkers now all decided to attack me!!!
Lawrence managed to get 'Red' refocused on him.
Lawrence passed 'Red' and got a good exchange of fire with 'Green', I managed to get an unopposed 3 hit on the blue Fokker.
Lawrence bypassed his Fokker to hit 'Blue' who couldn't reply.
Rhod was getting on 'Red's' tail.
...but he missed his deflection shot.
We were all now jockeying for position.
Lawrence got into a good position, but his guns jammed again.

Rhod and I decided which Fokker we would focus on.
Lawrence was trying to keep safe while he cleared his guns...
Rhod got the shot on 'Red'...
...and the Eindecker fell to earth.
So now we were three to two.
The Germans attacked to even the score!
They focused on Rhoderick.
Lawrence managed to intervene.
I managed to sneak in and get a shot on the Blue Eindecker.
I turned to get a shot on 'Green'.
Lawrence and Rhod were trying to get on 'Blue's' tail.
Lawrence was getting close.
Lawrence got caught as was the attacking Fokker, but the only result was Rhoderick jamming his guns!
'Blue' managed to turn inside me and I took more damage.
Lawrence was being shadowed by 'Green'...and got a good shot in!
I moved in to clear his tail.
I only caused a little damage though.
I continued after the Fokker, but missed.
At least Lawrence got away!...
...though 'Blue' tried to catch him, but failed.
Rhod was far away dealing with the other Fokker!
I had another shot, and missed again!
Third time unlucky - I couldn't believe it!
Lawrence Immelmanned and got a hit!
Rhod was still weaving with 'Blue'.
'Green' was slipping away from us!
but I managed...to finally hit him as he tried to get away!
Rhod had evaded his Fokker.
I misread where 'Green' would turn, and turned right.
'Blue' had rejoined the battle and hit Rhoderick...
...his burnt plane couldn't take the damage, and he fell to earth.
I turned to avenge our fallen comrade, but I was firing blanks again!
Lawrence turned after 'Green'.
I had turned to help, but 'Green' evaded us cleverly.
Lawrence went after 'Blue'
I decided to join him and leave 'Green' alone.
I suddenly found myself way out of position!
'Green' fired at each Lawrence ineffectively... 
...But Lawrence destroyed his enemy!
'Blue' managed to get away!

Told you it was a long game! but we enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment