Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 14 April 2018

Return to the Stars

Today, we returned to doing Star Wars skirmishing, using my new-ish rules (LINK)
As it was on the hoof, we decided on a simple scenario, a rebel prisoner being held in a village near a big Imperial base. Our job, to rescue him!




So, we chose figures! Lawrence having not played a Jedi before, took Obi-Wan Kenobi, Phil took Biv Bodhrik, and I ran 4 Rebel troopers...


The table, the prisoner would be in the long building on the right.
 We would be starting from this edge, opposite the off table Imperial camp.
We arrived. Obi-Wan (Lawrence) followed my troopers. 
I fully expected Biv (Phil) to join us, as this would reduce the chance of being spotted, and given our group better firepower, but instead, Biv went off to fight the Empire by himself!
Obi-Wan went forward to scout the way ahead... 
...while my men waited behind a Knoll. 
 Biv, to my delight, was managing to stay out of sight of most of the Portal markers (The more can see you, the more chance of enemy troops appearing.)
 However, eventually, enough saw our men...
 ...and a group of 4 Stormtroopers appeared.
They fired at my men, who were moving to support Obi-Wan, forcing one to duck back. 
 My return fire pinned one of the Imperials too, as they advanced!
Obi-Wan Force pushed the group into some crates, stunning them! 
Another group of Bucket heads - attracted by the fire, now replaced them! 
Die, Rebel scum! 
My fire made them take shelter , after one of my men killed one of them. 
 A new group, one with a heavy weapon attacked past them.
 Obi-Wan sliced the other stormtrooper from the group he had smashed into the crates.
 He had to take the lead now, as my 4 men were getting overfaced!
 Meanwhile, Biv, was filtering towards the other side of the village...
This triggered a group of Stormtroopers to appear opposite him. 
They started a firefight with the lone rebel. 
Back on my side, my men advanced again. 
With Obi-Wan's support, they began to get the upper hand. 
 Yet more Stormtroopers renewed the Imperial attack.
 Obi-Wan went out to greet them...
...with his Light sabre! 
The Stormtroopers were quick to reorder themselves to take down the Jedi. 
 Obi-Wan sliced through the first group...
 ...Biv managed to kill 3 of his opponents quickly.
 Obi-Wan pushed on, my men in support...
...til he was the only man standing! - well almost! 
 The few surviving Stormies summoned more help!
 The newcomers began to attack Obi-Wan.
Jedi are hard to kill! 
My troopers finished off the last of the first group. 
 Obi-Wan fought some of a new group...
...my men fought with the rest. 
 Biv had been attacked by a new group, and he went up to the roof of a building, leaving the Stormies wondering where he had gone!
Another group of Stormies moved to attack Obi-Wan and me...
 My fire pinned one down, but yet another group was behind them.
Biv, too, was getting swamped by newly arrived units of Stormies! He jumped from the roof of the first building, under fire!--to the headquarters building roof. 
Obi-Wan was still gamely hacking down Stormtroopers as if they were Battle-Droids! 
Even more Stormtroopers were appearing each turn, as we were visible to a lot of Portal markers, and the Die kept rolling high! 
Biv decided to escape from the encircling Imperials. 
Obi-Wan and my troopers, too were stuck in an endless fight! 
We therefore, reluctantly retreated. We had to leave the prisoner!
...until the next time we play!


2 comments:

  1. Nice report. Thanks for sharing.

    Were you using the minis from Imperial Assault with your own rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacob! - Yes, all the figures are from Imperial Assault. I never got into the IA rules, so wrote my own!

      Delete