Welcome!

Welcome to the Blog of a Skirmish wargamer! I hope you enjoy reading it!



All my rule sets are freely downloadable from our club website's Downloads page





If you need to contact me my E-Mail address is richardbradley5@gmail.com







Saturday 30 March 2019

Russian front Tanker

Today, we had a couple of games of What a Tanker, this time using my newly finished Soviet tanks.
I took pictures of the first...



Our Russian battlefield. 
 Phil had a Panzer III with the short 50mm gun, Lawrence and I had Panzer II's
Our opponents were a T-34 model 1941 and two T-26b's.

The Russians were run by my solo system.
 A T-26 was on the Russian left...
 ...The T-34 in the centre...
 ...and the other T-26 on their right.
 Lawrence had a Panzer II on our left...
 ...Phil's Panzer III was in the centre...
...and my Panzer II was on our right. 
 The T-34 moved forward rapidly, and turned to engage my Panzer II. 
Phil advanced his Panzer III towards the farmhouse. 
 I raced forward, keeping the woods between me and the T-34.
 One of the T-26's facing Lawrence made headway between 2 woods.
My Panzer II crept to the edge of the woods, and opened fire on the T-34 with my 2cm flak cannon.
...a lucky shell damaged its tracks! 
One T-26 was quite unable to move, too much Vodka perhaps? 
Phil came in sight of the T-34. 
 Lawrence's Panzer II also saw the T-34, and fired on it. 
The Russian retreated... it fired its main gun at Lawrence...
 ...but only forced him to retreat a little...it could have been so much worse! 
 The T-26 facing Lawrence was climbing a hill over which Lawrence was.
 The T-34 now saw and fired on me again...
...fortunately the shot missed!
 I really should have 'buttoned up'!
The T-34, being surrounded, moved behind a large rocky outcrop. 
My Panzer II tried to join the Panzer III behind the farmhouse, but I didn't make it, leaving my flank open to the T-26 on the hill behind the T-34. 
Phil fired at the T-26. 
The shot whanged off the turret, damaging its optics. 

The other T-26 saw Lawrence's Panzer II...and missed!
 It was soon falling back...
 ...as Lawrence advanced shooting at it!
 With the T-34 now visible, the Panzer III fired at it... 
 ...The shot bounced off its armour...
 ...but it had turret damage and the crew was by now a bit shaken.
 The T-34 tried falling back to recover some of its command dice!
Amazingly, no Russian fire had come while I was in the open and vulnerable. I therefore advanced to outflank the Russian tanks. 
The T-26 facing Lawrence advanced again. 
It couldn't fire though! 
 Lawrence did!
 Between my and Phil's firing...
...both Russian tanks were retreating, and unable to fire! 
I continued advancing after them. 
 We simply couldn't kill them! 
Both of our tanks advanced aggressively...
 ...Phil got a good hit on the T-34...
...the crew bailed out of their stricken vehicle (probably into the welcoming arms of the NKVD!) 
 I managed to move rapidly on to the flank of the T-26, but only damaged it. 
 Lawrence, too, pushed forward after his T-26... 
He managed to get behind its flank. 
 Phil's Panzer III joined me... 
The T-26 brewed up! 
He got a quick turn and made off to deal with Lawrence's  T-26.
 My Panzer II was having trouble in the rough terrain, and fell behind.
 We were both too late as Lawrence managed to hit the T-26...
 ...the crew bailed out again...
...The NKVD had a busy day!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice looking game, lovely terrain and tanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil! Lawrence is the one who introduced us to the Last Valley terrain, and we have never looked back...!!!

      Delete
  2. A Panzer II and III won against a T34 and a T 26..you lucky lucky ......;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Paul! It played very like operation Barbarossa, where the Russians failed to co-ordinate, and were unable to get many shots on target!
      That T-34 should have Toasted my Panzer II!

      Delete